183.0 - Smart Enough to Race Rats
( Week 3 of Jan 2022 )
The Tonga Volcano, Spicy Food, Facial Hair, Contraception, Rats Driving, Mirrors, Geometric Mean.
- Tonga eruption and resulting tsunami#Volcanic_activity
- Scott Manley talks about Tonga eruption
- ABC story about the Tongan Volcano
- Drinking water after spicy foods
- The purpose of facial hair
- Types of contraception
- Heat Based contraception
- Rats driving cars study
- Orangutan driving golf cart (checked on Snopes)
- Goldfish driving aquarium
- Mirrors reverse front to back?
- Geometric mean
- Geometric mean visualisation
Brilliant as usual. The update on the Tonga eruption was a clear and welcome piece much appreciated. Its a struggle talking about it with work colleagues because I it's so interesting from a geophysical perspective while acknowledging its a tragedy. Greg sounded like he has also experienced this.
Also for the sizzle this week should have run with Dan's "The ovaries are the north Korea of the human body".
The only10 months ago
I can't use my best joke up front. It doesn't reward the dedicated listener.